020 3632 2690

Architectural Services

Architectural Technologist or Architect

What’s the difference between an Architectural Technologist and an Architect?

For any building project it is worth your while using a design professional that suits your requirements. Do you need an Architectural Technologist or an Architectural Design Norbury?

Canopy Planning Service Ltd are architectural technologists that work with or alongside architects and the Public and can be appointed directly by anyone.

There are no regulations or laws stating that an Architect rather than an Architectural Technologist must design or submit a planning application for a building project.

Architectural Technologist

As architectural technologists, Canopy Planning Services Ltd offer the full range of architectural services similar to that of an architect as mentioned above. We hold comprehensive insurances and it has taken us 5 to 6 years to qualify to do this line of work. Additionally we have over 20 year’s experience in managing design for building projects.


To be recognised as an architect you must be registered with the Architect’s Registration Board and some architects also subscribe each year to be a member of the Royal Institute of British Architects.

It takes an architect around 7 years to qualify, architects again need to be insured to work for a client and to be registered as an architect.

Architects are able to offer a concept design and more detailed construction drawings with specifications and they can supervise or draw up a contract between you and a builder or construction company for most types of build.

Scroll to Top